Monday, July 22, 2013

Classroom Design Day 1 and 2

It has officially begun. It is time to stop "thinking" about school things and classroom designs and it is time to start "doing" it.
 
 
Last week sometime, I made the hubster and the little man go into school with me for the first time. I needed him (the hubster) to help me move all my furniture around. I want a FRESH start this year so I thought it would be a good idea to rearrange my room. So that was Day 1. I was so excited that I didn't even think to take pictures.
 
 
However, today I did remember. Today my goal was to get my bulletin boards placed and up. Here is what I came up with.
 
The back of the room:
  
 
This is my new small group reading/math corner. Last year I had an easel and calendar/Daily 5 in the back of the room. This year I wanted to have guided reading and math here. Ignore the faded board, I didn't change it out and I am going to cover it up.
 
The blue side is for CAFE and reading related things. The purple side is going to be a mini math resource wall. I don't plan on filling the boards up until students arrive. I want the room to be like a canvas for them.
 
The tubs house my guided reading books, manipulatives and resources, and other teacher related things that I might need throughout the day.
 
The front of the room:
 
 
Here is what the front looks like so far. It has a long ways to go still. The blue board is where I am going to put my writing menu for Work on Writing. The filer underneath is where I am going to put all the papers that go with the menu choices.
 
On the left I have my computer desk and Elmo that is connected to the SMARTBoard. Above the computer is my Daily 5 board and I will be putting other reading related things in the blue box. The green board is for the days current anchor chart. It could be reading, writing or math. It just depends on what we are learning that day. OR if we have to display our learning objectives that is where I will put them.
 
The doorway:
 
 
When you walk into my room there is a mini bulletin board and red cabinets. I feel like it is wasted space. I moved the student compute here and I also put the calendar on this board. Last year I had the job chart (I'm moving that to the door).
 
So far I like what I have done. The next day I go in I would like to work on decorating the boards and work on setting up my writing center.
 
 
Yours in Teaching,

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment